Sunday 14 October 2012

To NaNo or not to NaNo

With only seventeen days left to go this is a question I am still asking myself. I just cant decide if I should partake in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) or not this year.

Last year was my first year and I was over the moon when, with only hours to go I reached the 50,000 words and became a NaNo winner and had finally finished my first ever novel Forest Falls.
It took me a while to go back and look over what I wrote, despite needing a heavy edit its not a bad story and I believe it can be salvaged.

At the minute though I have been busy writing The Ondine, I am loving writing this story and I am roughly halfway through the first draft and have been sending chapter at a time off to be critiqued and so far feedback is good.

I am hoping that by the time the 1st of November comes round I will have completed the first draft of The Ondine and will have even done some of the first round of edits.

the question is do I take a break from The Ondine and throw myself into NaNo for a month and write a whole new story. Or do I keep on with the edits. Hmm decisions, decisions.

No comments: