Wednesday 3 October 2012

Fey Touched (Fey Touched #1) by Erin Zarro

Two sisters.

Asha is the Queen of the Fey, genetically engineered immortal humans who feed on human souls to survive. But she's running from her people. When she is found by her enemy, one of the Hunters of the Fey, she expects to die. Yet he's oddly intrigued by her, and Asha finds herself falling in love with him, hoping she can find safety and the home she's been seeking. Then she's kidnapped, and everything changes.

Fallon is a Hunter. She's looking for her long-lost sister, using an addictive drug to search through the stream of time. Her addiction leaves her dangerously exposed to her enemies but, consumed by her search, she doesn't care...until her fellow Hunters start dying from a mysterious illness. She is torn between duty and desire, and must find an answer before they all die.

What Fallon doesn't know is that Asha might just be the key to saving them all, if only she can find her.

And time is running out

My thoughts
As soon as I read the blurb for this book I couldn't wait to read and I am so glad I did. Erin does a great job at character and world building. I felt like I got to know all the characters personally and as the story unfolded I was right there with them.

The Fey touched are immortal but when they suddenly start mysteriously dying Fallon most work to find a cure  unaware that Asha, the sister she as being searching for could be the one to save them all, if only she hadn't being kidnapped by the magi.

it is a race against time as Fallon while fighting her addiction to faerie dust and fighting withdrawal symptoms tries to rescue her sister and save her people and the man she loves.

I loved this story it was original and well written I loved the relationships between the characters  The Fey touched are more than just friends there family. I enjoyed watching the relationship between Fallon and Declan grow.

I have to say I loved Pixie though. Joe's dog and familiar she was just so loveable. 

Asha and Joe where also a great couple to read as there overcame obstacles to be together and not caring that being Fey and Fey touched they should by rights hate each other but neither can ignore the inexplicable pull they feel for each other.

A great read and I cant wait for book 2

you can find the author Erin Zarro and her books on GoodreadsAmazonTwitter and her Website

No comments: