Sunday 8 July 2012

Review For The Pram
By Betty Woodcock



When Carrie buys a secondhand pram for her eagerly awaited grandchild, she doesn't realise it is a trap, or expect to be terrorized by her own aborted baby seeking vengeance . . . 
And so her nightmare begins . . .

She struggles to hide her revulsion of her scary grandchild, and her fear increases tenfold when it talks to her in her head. Then she begins to see ghosts and is convinced she is losing her mind, and tells no one of her escalating bizarre experiences. When the vindictive blasts of pain in her head coincide with her long-ago lover unexpectedly coming back into her life, she can't resist asking his advice on how to deal with the weird baby; unfortunately this adds further complications to her problems. 

She has to keep him and the malevolent baby apart, because neither know that he is the father

My Thoughts

I received this book from the Author in exchange for a review, and I am pleased to say I was enthralled from the moment I picked it up. The blurb got my attention straight away and the story didn't let me down, it as many twists and turns that keeps you guessing the outcome Betty did a great job at keeping me hooked on the story as Carrie's dilemma unfolded. It was a new take on a ghost story. the characters where engaging and believable, and I loved the inner workings of Carrie's mind, her daughter annoyed me as she took advantage so much and I wanted her to stop been so selfish. However she was a new mother and if I didn't already know what Carrie was going through I would have completely understood.

I will be taking extra care when I need to purchase my next pram.

A great riveting read and very cleverly written. I look forward to read more of Betty Woodcocks books

No comments: