Tuesday 24 July 2012

Review for The Flight Of The Griffin By C M Gray

Review for The Flight Of The Griffin
By C M Gray



Living in their old boat ‘The Griffin’ five young characters become the unlikely heroes at the end of time when a burglary sets them on the path to finish the ‘Last great Spell’ - a spell to stop the balance of the World tipping into Chaos...

They become the Magician, Thief, Priest and Fighter when a magical book guides them upon a quest that pits them against magic, demons and ‘The Hawk,’ an evil hunter of men.

Join a race against time to find three crystal skulls that must be brought together, while all the forces of Chaos try everything to stop them! 

My Thoughts
What I loved about this book is despite the fact I am in my Thirties *shhhh* and I am a mummy, I thourghly enjoyed this book, it appealed to the child in me and I fully immersed myself in the quest that the four boys along with Mahra set out on to retrieve the crystal skulls and keep the world in order and prevent the demon king from tipping the world into chaos. I felt like I faced the dangers along with the five children

each character had individual powers, gifts and individual personalities, I think Mahra was my favourite she often made me laugh when she acted like a cat even in her human form.

these brave children battle bravely and selflessly and there loyalty to one another was wonderful.

the story moves along at a quick pace and the descriptions are very well "shown" I liked how the perspective was shifted on occasion from the heroes perspective to the bad guys perspective showing us the readers how much danger the heroes were in before they knew themselves

A great story for MG-YA readers but one that even adults can fully enjoy and appreciate. 

No comments: