Tuesday 18 September 2012

Review: Crossroads by Chandler McGrew

It isn’t just our world the Empty-Eyed Man covets, and the only one who can stop him is a young girl named Kira Graves. When Kira’s family and everyone else in their carnival are murdered by unearthly creatures called Grigs, Kira and her constant invisible companion, Jenn, flee toward a half-mythical place of safety called Graves Island, but they fail to reach it when Kira is drawn through the looking glass to another world. The planet of the Creators is swiftly deteriorating from a world of dreams into one of nightmares, and the only way to stop the Empty-Eyed Man from turning the entire universe into chaos is for Kira to destroy the tool he most desires, but what she must sacrifice to do so may be worth more to her than the prize.

My thoughts
This was I slow burner for me. I enjoyed it but it took me a while to get into it. As it drew nearer to the climax though I was hooked. There was a lot of mystery surrounding the story and I often felt the answers were right there on the page I was just missing them.

The story was told from different perspectives and were quite a few mini cliff hangers that had me reading on to see what would happen next.

It was filled with suspense and horror although not so scary I couldn't sleep. A good read 

No comments: