Saturday 8 September 2012

Review: Bitch Hollywood By Robert Bryndza and Ján Bryndza

Filip, a young Eastern European guy arrives in Los Angeles to follow his dream and become a Stylist to the stars. At first Hollywood is a shock, moving from a down to earth comfortable life in London into the cut-throat world of Tinseltown.

A stroke of luck first meeting leads to a job with fading movie star Veronica Madison. Soon Filip is pulled into the dark and hilarious world she inhabits, surrounded by the famous (and infamous) residents of the Hollywood Hills.

Filip faces a dilemma, should he leave his morals behind and become one of them; rich, successful, corrupt? Or should he choose happiness and return to the love of his life he left back home in London.

Remember, you always have a choice…

My Thoughts
Bitch Hollywood as got to be one of the funniest books I have read but amongst the humour there is some very touching scenes that have my tears of laugthter becoming tears of a different kind.
Filip moves to Hollywood to become a stylist to the stars and meets Hillary and Derek. Hillary's character had me laughing so much at his antics and desperation to sell his beauty line also at he was so self absorbed  in his own importance he couldn't see how his actions made him look I wont give anything away but there is a . toilet scene that had me laughing so hard my stomach felt like I had just finished five hundred sit ups.
Filip was a great character as he tried to find work and settle into Hollywood life. He seemed like too nice a guy to fit into Hollywood lifestyle, I loved his sarcasm and how nobody in Hollywood understood it.
Filip first job in Hollywood comes when Veronica offers him the job as her stylist, the washed up star is looking for momentum that will lead her back into the spotlight and she will step on whoever she as to to get her there Filip can even stand by her side and go along for the ride or he can leave. Again Veronica had me laughting determined to be back in the spotlight her actions sometimes lead to hilarious consequence.

I really enjoed reading this book. I laughed so hard and would highly recommend it.

No comments: