Tuesday 26 June 2012

Plotter or Panster?





This seems to be a question that is asked a lot of authors, and there isn't a right or wrong answer. it all comes down to personal choice.
I always thought of myself as a panster but since becoming a mum I find it much easier to write if I have an Idea of which way the story is going. I don't plot everything out, but I need to know roughly what part of the story I will be writing today if I have any hope of getting more than a couple of hundred words down. pre mummy days I could open the lap top with no Idea what I was gong to write and it worked just fine but time constraints now a days don't always allow for that.
I would say I am still more of panster, mainly because although I do usually have an idea what I want to write, once I am in the zone my fingers and and quite often the characters have a mind of there own and I often read it back to find I haven't wrote a singe thing that I expected to write. which I love. Its great that my own story can take me by surprise.

I do find other Authors writing techniques intriguing. What works for one doesn't work for another, eche writer as there own unique way of writing whether it be a certain please to write or a certain time of day. the key is to love what you do and love what you write whatever your technique

No comments: