Thursday 25 April 2013

Ava’s life went from bad to worse the night Chance became a vampire.

He won’t have anything to do with her. Ava understands why—because he blames her—but it doesn’t mean she likes it.

And it doesn’t help that she’s starting to feel something for Erik, the boy who once wanted her dead. Especially when Chance decides that he does still love her, and wants her to be with him for eternity.

Now she has a choice: Humanity…or forever as a vampire with Chance. 

But Ava wants nothing more than to be human again. At least, she thought that was all she wanted. 

Thankfully her best friend Kayla has a plan to distract Ava from her boy troubles, and they go in search of Kayla’s missing dad. A great idea, but one that brings Sebastian back into Ava’s life. Along with another, more sinister former member of his coven. 

Sebastian and Zyris face off against Ava and her friends, resulting in Ava making yet another choice that changes the course of everyone’s lives, and leaves her wondering if being human again is really worth losing everything.

My Thoughts
It as been a while since I read Blood Born so thought I may have to familiarise myself with the story, but thankfully Jamie made it very easy for me to be pulled right back into the story.

I really liked how the characters have grown and changed in the book as a reflection of all they went through in the previous book. I must admit Ava did annoy me with all the apologies to Chance  and Erik and the constant whining  I also got annoyed with Ava and Chance's relationship, I wanted to shake the pair of them and lock them both in a room until they could sort themselves out, despite that I did enjoy the love triangle between Ava, Chance and Erik but for me I knew which I hoped she would choose.

I found the search for Kayla's dad really interesting, I hope we find out more about his disappearance  in the next book, and I loved Kayla in this story too she really seems to have come into her own.

the end. OMG. was amazing and nail biting. I was reading between fingers and I am really hoping that when the third book comes out Jamie is going to throw a curve ball because that ending cant be real it just cant.

No comments: