Monday 5 November 2012

Review; Ever (Ever #1) by Jessa Russo

BOOK ONE in The EVER Trilogy

Seventeen-year-old Ever’s love life has been on hold for the past two years. She’s secretly in love with her best friend Frankie, and he’s completely oblivious.

Of course, it doesn't help that he’s dead, and waking up to his ghost every day has made moving on nearly impossible.

Frustrated and desperate for something real, Ever finds herself falling for her hot new neighbour Toby. His relaxed confidence is irresistible, and not just Ever knows it. But falling for Toby comes with a price that throws Ever’s life into a whirlwind of chaos and drama. More than hearts are on the line, and more than Ever will suffer.

Some girls lose their hearts to love.

Some girls lose their minds.

Ever Van Ruysdael could lose her soul.

My Thoughts

This was a slow starter for me, I was nearly halfway through before I was really into it, but once I was, I was completely hooked.

Ever as being in love with Frankie her best friend, forever. unfortunately he died two years ago and instead of moving he choose to hang around Ever's house, meaning she as never moved on, he of course as no clue of her feelings

then one day a moving truck pulls up next door to Ever's house. Frankie' s old house to be exact and in moves Toby, the new hot guy. Ever is instantly attracted to him and who can blame her, encouraged by her best friend Jessie she agrees to go out on a date with him and is surprised when he asks to take her out again.

Ever is torn between the boy she as loved forever  and who she cant have for obvious (ghostly) reasons and Toby the hot guy with the secrets. Secrets that when finally revealed will shock Ever more than anything as ever done before.

I loved this book, the love triangle was unique to anything I have ever read before and completely understandable. 
Add to the mix Ariadne, Toby's ex girlfriend who is determined to get Toby back no matter what she as to do to achieve it. She doesn't car who gets hurt along the way as far as she is concerned Toby belongs to her and as far as she is concerned  Ever is just a silly girl who she could squat like a fly

I have many unanswered questions which I hope will be answered in book two.

also in my opinion (and it is only my opinion) Ever choose the wrong guy, although I completely understood her reasoning for her choice.

The end as a cliffhanger wanting me to read the next book NOW.

you can find Jessa Russo on
Goodreads,
Amazon,
Twitter and her
Website



No comments: