Thursday 6 February 2014

Review; Quake by Lisa Arrington

Ali and Caden thought they were your average teenagers trying to navigate high school pressures and college decisions.

During a camping trip all of that changes when an earthquake ushers in an Alien invasion on their small desert hometown.

Lives are lost and friendships are tested as Ali and Caden, along with their best friends, begin running for their lives. However, nothing can prepare them for the secrets they discover when they begin learning more about themselves then they ever thought possible

My thoughts
This is not the usual sort of book that I read but I was intrigued by the blurb and couldn’t resist. I was glad I stepped out of my comfort zone, I was really pulled in by the characters and felt I was right there alongside them, I finished this book in one evening, mainly because I was afraid I would have nightmares if I didn’t get to the end Ha. Yes I am a bit of wuss when it comes to things like this I’ll admit it.
I liked how Ali and Caden are just normal teenagers hanging out with friends it made it easier to connect with the characters.

Friendships are really put to the test in this story and not everything or everyone are what they seem, there is a lot of twists and turns and the book is full of suspense even the ending was a big surprise and I find myself wanting to step out of comfort zone once more and perhaps endure more nightmares to read the sequel

No comments: