Tuesday 4 February 2014

Review; Disconnect (Divided Worlds #1) by Imran Siddiq

Zachary, a 16-year old Underworlder digs in waste to find anything worth bartering. That is the rule of scavenging.

When he discovers footage of an Overworld girl, Rosa, he’s intrigued by her sorrow and breaks the rule.

That decision changes his life, and he will suffer for it.

Zachary must overcome worthlessness, prejudice, and not let a twisted lie devour the new reason that he survives; Rosa.

In space, love had boundaries.

My thoughts
This book was like nothing a have read before and I found its uniqueness a refreshing change.

The author did some great world building and Zachary’s character really drew me into the story. I didn't always agree with the choices Zachary made but then he is a sixteen year old boy and I am a youngish (Cough) woman so in that respect Zachary was like most teenage boys.
I even had a soft spot for his robot ha.

The story is fast moving and action packed, Zachary lives in what is known as the “Underworld” where every day is a fight for survival when he sees a chance to see the overworld he takes it.


The ending had me shocked to the core I really wasn't expecting the outcome that transpired and as I am often good at figuring out how a book will end I was pleasantly surprised to be completely wrong and now cannot wait to read the sequels.

No comments: