Thursday 22 May 2014

Review; Coco Pinchard, The Consequences Of Love And Sex (Coco Pinchard #3) by Robert Bryndza

Since Coco Pinchard found first husband Daniel in bed with another woman, she hasn’t just picked up the pieces: she’s now a best-selling author married to her hunky soul-mate Adam. She feels stronger and wiser and surely the second time round she’ll have learnt from her mistakes? 

But things aren’t going quite according to plan... Adam has lost his job, Coco’s grown-up son Rosencrantz seems to have derailed his life in spectacular fashion, and ex-mother-in-law Ethel keeps letting herself into the house thanks to an endless supply of spare keys. When literary agent Angie takes on Coco’s arch rival, the indomitable Regina Battenberg, it looks as though things can’t get any worse. And then Coco discovers she’s pregnant; at 44. 

Can she really go through it all again? Sleepless nights, stretch marks on top of stretch marks, and poo as a normal topic of conversation? 

The third and final book in Robert Bryndza’s bestselling series is a hilarious diary with Coco’s trademark wit and honesty, tracing the raging hormones and extraordinary twists that take her to motherhood for the second time.

My thoughts
Rob Bryndza as done it again!
Coco is back in true coco style and I loved it. She is as witty, sarcastic, funny and well just as coco as ever.

At the end of Coco Pinchard's Big fat tipsy wedding we finally thought Coco was going to ride off into the happily ever after, but this is Coco and life never goes smoothly this book proves that

This book has it all pregnancy, drugs, alcohol, unemployment and annoying ex in laws there is never a dull moment.

One thing I really loved is how spot on Rob was about pregnancy, I have two children my youngest is only 7 months old so I have recently gone through pregnancy and labour myself and I was pleasantly surprised how much Rob knew, I am certain nearly everything he wrote about happened to me at some point during one of my pregnancy, he was incredibly accurate about labour too I admire this even more for a man to write such accurate account of what us women go through, although I was lucky enough to have both my baby's like take a break. Wanna no what that means? then go read the book.

I loved that Ethel was back with her endless supply of door keys, she is one of my favourite characters throughout the whole series

I can't rate this book highly enough and could carry on telling you all how amazing this book is but I don't think I could do it justice, the best way to find out how brilliant this book is, is to read it yourselves, you want regret it. I laughed so heard I cried. I cried  but then moments later I would be laughing again.

Rob is an extraordinary writer who blends comedy and drama so effortlessly, whether he carries on the Coco series  or moves on with new story's and characters I know I will be following his work, he as never failed to disappoint.

No comments: