Monday 11 March 2013

River's Recruit (Sanctuary #1) by Charlotte Abel

Jonathan McKnight lost everything in Afghanistan. His left hand, his identical twin and his self-respect. He searches for redemption during a solo backpacking trip into the remote Sawatch Mountains of Colorado and discovers a secret tribe of shifters.

River, the beautiful young shifter that rescues Jonathan from certain death, wants to recruit him. He is equally determined to rescue her from her cult-like society — even if he has to kidnap her.

My thoughts

I am already a fan of Charlotte Abel's books so I had high expectations when I picked this book up. and I was not disappointed in the slightest. My initial reaction when I finished was... Wow... Just Wow. I loved this book from the first page, and really struggled to put it down.

River is one of my favourite female characters, she is so naive to the world of "outsiders" and the effect she as on Jonathan but she is a strong woman and will not be intimidated no matter the challenge she faces.

I Loved Jonathan too, he is determined to rescue River from what he believes is a cult society weather she wants to be or not. He as suffered the loss of his Identical twin brother, a loss he struggles to deal with everyday, he doesn't want to lose River too. as his feelings for River grow so does his determination to rescue River

I loved the whole shifter story too and the unique way in which the author as found for the community of New Eden to shift.

River is expected to court Eli who's only interest in River is so that he can advance his political career and free the woman he loves from a sentence that for most women would be worse than death.

I cant think of anything bad to say except I have to wait for the next in the series. The end left me gaping at the book like a monkey as if I expected words to magically appear on my Kindle. 

I now have two books by Charlotte Abel that I cant wait to get my hands on The next in the Channie series and the next in the Sanctuary Series

No comments: